JOB OVERVIEW: Do you love hunting, fishing, and the outdoors? Orion Outdoors Company can turn your passion into a rewarding career. Orion Outdoors Company is a leader in the sporting goods industry – driven to create the best experience for our customers. We offer an unparalleled collection of unique and bespoke guns, gear, apparel, and services. We find joy in being a part of our customers’ next great outdoor experience than anything else. We boast world-class brands, expert outfitting, and unmatched customer service.
The ideal candidate should possess a passion and curiosity for the outdoors and a strong desire to work with a company that embraces the 2nd Amendment, hunting, and shooting. The Sales and Marketing Director will work alongside the National Sales Manager to:
• Create a brand and store atmosphere that is welcoming, organized and inclusive.
• Serve as a brand ambassador and lead by example in a fast-paced retail environment.
• Lead our customers through the sales process of selecting, coordinating, and purchasing firearms and accessories while providing the highest level of customer service.
Orion Outdoors Company empowers our associates to become experts in their field so that they can exceed the needs and expectations of our customers. Our associates talk the talk and walk the walk, with knowledge of the best products and services in the industry. Mentorship and professional development training will be a focus throughout your entire career.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Friendly and inviting personality, ability to build relationships, demonstrate care for customers and co-workers, and create a fun and energetic store vibe.
• Delivery of world-class customer service through empathy, critical thinking and customer centricity.
• Ability to develop in-depth knowledge of Orion products and services, engage customers, and suggest products in an authentic and helpful manner.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to leverage assets across Orion’s omni-channel retail platform.
• Current computer skills and the ability to learn and apply software (point of sale, order fulfillment, inventory and ERP systems).
• Ability to handle ambiguity, use sound judgment, and solve problems for customers.
• Creativity and visual merchandising skills are a plus.
• Utilizing time between customers to enhance store presentation through merchandising, maintaining standards, and restocking.
• Ability to reach, move, and handle merchandise in high and low areas, lift up to 30 pounds, and have the stamina to execute floor sets.
• Accurately manage a firearms log that is in compliance with all Federal laws and State Laws.
• Expediently process and ship orders.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a career experience in the outdoors industry like no other. To be at their best, we recognize that our staff need time to recharge and connect with nature. We believe in ensuring a great work/life balance, maintaining store operating hours that focus on our most productive periods, and offering a comprehensive benefits package including:
• A competitive salary based on level of expertise
• 401(k) Plan with up to 6% company match, after 1 year of service
• Health, vision and dental insurance, after 1 year of service
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Generous employee discounts on firearms, ammunition, range time, merchandise and gear