JOB OVERVIEW: Orion Outdoors Company is a leader in the sporting goods industry – driven to create the best experience for our customers. We offer an unparalleled collection of unique and bespoke guns, gear, apparel, and services. We find joy in being a part of our customers’ next great outdoor experience than anything else. We boast world-class brands, expert outfitting, and unmatched customer service.
We are seeking a Master Gunsmith to develop and lead a newly formed Gunsmithing Department. The ideal candidate should possess a passion and curiosity for fine guns and a strong desire to work with a company that is an innovator in the shooting sports sector. The Master Gunsmith will work in conjunction with our sales and service team to:
• Perform various firearm repair and customization tasks including but not limited to general repair, cleaning, inspection, stock fitting and inletting, wood refinishing, barrel fitting, recoil pad installation, trigger work, sight installation, adjustable comb installation, barrel bluing, bore sighting.
• Serve as a brand ambassador and lead by example in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain and oversee the accurate records of all work orders.
• Hire, train, and develop apprentice gunsmiths as workload permits.
Orion Outdoors Company empowers our team to become experts in their field so that they can exceed the needs and expectations of our customers. Our team talk the talk and walk the walk, with knowledge of the best products and services in the industry. Mentorship and professional development training will be a focus throughout your entire career.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Friendly and inviting personality, ability to build relationships, demonstrate care for customers and co-workers, and create a fun and energetic store vibe.
• Strong knowledge of over/under, side by side and semi-automatic shotguns is mandatory. Common activities include file fitting of parts, wood repair, oil finish work, installation of custom hardware, metal finishing, polishing and bluing skills required.
• Delivery of world-class customer service through empathy, critical thinking and customer centricity.
• Ability to develop in-depth knowledge of Orion products and services, engage customers, and suggest products in an authentic and helpful manner.
• Current computer skills and the ability to learn and apply software (point of sale, order fulfillment, inventory and ERP systems).
• Ability to handle ambiguity, use sound judgment, and solve problems for customers.• Ability to reach, move, and handle merchandise in high and low areas, lift up to 30 pounds, and have the stamina to execute floor sets.
• Accurately manage a firearms log that is in compliance with all Federal laws and State Laws.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a career experience in the outdoors industry like no other. To be at their best, we recognize that our staff need time to recharge and connect with nature. We believe in ensuring a great work/life balance, maintaining store operating hours that focus on our most productive periods, and offering a comprehensive benefits package including:
• A competitive salary based on level of expertise
• 401(k) Plan with up to 6% company match, after 1 year of service
• Health, vision and dental insurance, after 1 year of service
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Generous employee discounts on firearms, ammunition, range time, merchandise and gear